IB Diploma Programme
What is the IB Diploma Programme
The IB Diploma Programme (DP) is an academically challenging and balanced programme of education with final examinations that prepares students, aged 16 to 19, for success at university and life beyond. It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students. The programme has gained recognition and respect from the world’s leading universities.
The Diploma Programme prepares students for effective participation in a rapidly evolving and
increasingly global society as they:
• develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
• acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, studying courses from six subject groups
• develop the skills and a positive attitude towards learning that will prepare them for higher education
• study at least two languages and increase understanding of cultures, including their own
• make connections across traditional academic disciplines and explore the nature of knowledge
through the programme’s unique theory of knowledge course
• undertake in-depth research into an area of interest through the lens of one
or more academic disciplines in the extended essay
• enhance their personal and interpersonal development through creativity, action and service.